14th April 2019
Now Lifegym is part of the co-op we are calling New Leaf… this is a producer co-op for artists and crafters to encourage, critique and co-create – and to market our productions and visions as artists. Based at Dreamspace, we hope it will be an arts and crafts hub, seedbed, hotbed, hangout and creators, refuge here in Gisborne. web presence to be co-created… News on New Leaf will be posted here at Dreamspace.nz, later in a dedicated site I imagine:)
This is the PDF of our first flyer:
The text (with some little edits):
**** CONCEPT DOCUMENT 5/4/18 -YOUR FEEDBACK INVITED! ****
At Dreamspace Gallery and Workshops, 61 Carnarvon St, Gisborne
A safe haven for artists, spiritual and mental seekers A workout space for the mind and spirit…
-a supportive place to learn and create art and crafts, read, meditate, practice Yoga, Chi Gong, Positive Psychology and other life-enhancing techniques
– a venue for workshops on a rainbow of fascinating, life-enhancing topics
– meet and synergise with others of like mind and heart.
Membership of $17.77 a week gets you into your own Dreamscape, a kaleidoscope of life-enhancing experiences:
- Use (scheduled) of the various workrooms and their equipment –
- Painting studio
- Picture framing, glasscutting, stained glass area
- Blue Room for meditation etc
- Library and fibre broadband
- Bookbinding, embossing and printmaking room
- Woodworking, metalwork and carving area
- Stone/shell/bone carving and lapidary room
- Routing and shaping room
- Mouldmaking and casting area
- The Ferrocement yard for sculpture of anything from garden pots to ponds to statues to ‘hobbit cabins’
- The large gallery room for meetings, talks, dancing, yoga etc, also exhibitions and other events.
- The ‘upper room’ to eat, drink and lounge…
- Individual and group life/art/writing coaching from Peter Harris (MA in philosophy) based on his 4phase creative process philosophy – see 4phase.org – and metaphysics, a mix of Plato, Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance), Nietzsche, and others of the ‘Perennial Philosophy’ of the Western tradition (and some wisdom from the East, naturally! – mainly Taoism, Tantrism and Zen).
Our goal is to create in ourselves a dynamic, ultra-creative ‘Great Health’ as Nietzsche called it, honouring the Balance of masculine-feminine, left brain-right brain, rational and intuitive, dynamic progress and stable prosperity.
As in Star Trek, ‘It’s LIFE, Jim, but not as we know it.’ It’s LIFEGYM.
Come to Dreamspace and have a look and a chat with me now! (At present open Monday to Friday 10 AM to at least 4PM but I’m normally no more than 5 minutes away – this is Gisborne!)
Follow us on the Lifegym website www.lifegym.nz and get email notifications of new posts. Phone Peter Harris 022 3326568