This is the PDF of our first flyer:
The text (with some little edits):
**** CONCEPT DOCUMENT 5/4/18 -YOUR FEEDBACK INVITED! ****
At Dreamspace Gallery and Workshops, 61 Carnarvon St, Gisborne
A safe haven for artists, spiritual and mental seekers A workout space for the mind and spirit…
-a supportive place to learn and create art and crafts, read, meditate, practice Yoga, Chi Gong, Positive Psychology and other life-enhancing techniques
– a venue for workshops on a rainbow of fascinating, life-enhancing topics
– meet and synergise with others of like mind and heart.
Membership of $17.77 a week gets you into your own Dreamscape, a kaleidoscope of life-enhancing experiences:
- Use (scheduled) of the various workrooms and their equipment –
- Painting studio
- Picture framing, glasscutting, stained glass area
- Blue Room for meditation etc
- Library and fibre broadband
- Bookbinding, embossing and printmaking room
- Woodworking, metalwork and carving area
- Stone/shell/bone carving and lapidary room
- Routing and shaping room
- Mouldmaking and casting area
- The Ferrocement yard for sculpture of anything from garden pots to ponds to statues to ‘hobbit cabins’
- The large gallery room for meetings, talks, dancing, yoga etc, also exhibitions and other events.
- The ‘upper room’ to eat, drink and lounge…
- Individual and group life/art/writing coaching from Peter Harris (MA in philosophy) based on his 4phase creative process philosophy – see 4phase.org – and metaphysics, a mix of Plato, Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance), Nietzsche, and others of the ‘Perennial Philosophy’ of the Western tradition (and some wisdom from the East, naturally! – mainly Taoism, Tantrism and Zen).
Our goal is to create in ourselves a dynamic, ultra-creative ‘Great Health’ as Nietzsche called it, honouring the Balance of masculine-feminine, left brain-right brain, rational and intuitive, dynamic progress and stable prosperity.
As in Star Trek, ‘It’s LIFE, Jim, but not as we know it.’ It’s LIFEGYM.
Come to Dreamspace and have a look and a chat with me now! (At present open Monday to Friday 10 AM to at least 4PM but I’m normally no more than 5 minutes away – this is Gisborne!)
Follow us on the Lifegym website www.lifegym.nz and get email notifications of new posts. Phone Peter Harris 022 3326568