Well, the only constant is change, whether Evolution devolution or destruction… Hopefully this new thing which knocked on my doors of conception in the wee small hours the other day is an Evolution for Dreamspace and friends….?
The thing is, I’m an artist but I don’t want to just fill Dreamspace with Things I Created – I want there to be a Life here for more than just me. I want to Share Dreamspace and its ‘havenly’ qualities with others – and not just visitors who come, look and go away. Hence, ‘LIFEGYM’ (working title – could also be Artgym or Mindgym or Dreamgym or…)
Let me know if the following trial prospectus interests you. It’s a concept doc only, not set in stone – or woodblock – yet!
**** CONCEPT DOCUMENT 5/4/18 -YOUR FEEDBACK INVITED! ****
At Dreamspace Gallery and Workshops, 61 Carnarvon St, Gisborne
A safe haven for artists, spiritual and mental seekers A workout space for the mind and spirit…
-a supportive place to learn and create art and crafts, read, meditate, practice Yoga, Chi Gong, Positive Psychology and other life-enhancing techniques
– a venue for workshops on a rainbow of fascinating, life-enhancing topics
– meet and synergise with others of like mind and heart.
Membership of [ballpark] $17 a week gets you into your own Dreamscape, a kaleidoscope of life-enhancing experiences:
- Use (scheduled) of the various workrooms and their equipment –
- Painting studio
- Picture framing, glasscutting, stained glass area
- Blue Room for meditation etc
- Library and fibre broadband
- Bookbinding, embossing and printmaking room
- Woodworking, metalwork and carving area
- Stone/shell/bone carving and lapidary room
- Routing and shaping room
- Mouldmaking and casting area
- The Ferrocement yard for sculpture of anything from garden pots to ponds to statues to ‘hobbit cabins’
- The large gallery room for meetings, talks, dancing, yoga etc, also exhibitions and other events.
- The ‘upper room’ to eat, drink and lounge…
- Individual and group life/art/writing coaching from Peter Harris (MA in philosophy) based on his 4phase creative process philosophy – see 4phase.org – and metaphysics, a mix of Plato, Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance), Nietzsche, and others of the ‘Perennial Philosophy’ of the Western tradition (and some wisdom from the East, naturally! – mainly Taoism, Tantrism and Zen).
Our goal is to create in ourselves a dynamic, ultra-creative ‘Great Health’ as Nietzsche called it, honouring the Balance of masculine-feminine, left brain-right brain, rational and intuitive, dynamic progress and stable prosperity.
As in Star Trek, ‘It’s LIFE, Jim, but not as we know it.’ It’s LIFEGYM.
Come to Dreamspace and have a look and a chat with me now! (At present open Monday to Friday 10 AM to at least 4PM but I’m normally no more than 5 minutes away – this is Gisborne!)
Follow us on the website www.dreamspace.nz and get email notifications of new posts. Phone Peter Harris 022 3326568