VISION STATEMENT 06 06 16
Dreamspace Gallery and Workshops,
61 Carnarvon St., Gisborne, New Zealand.
email@example.com Ph 022 332 6568
- To dream, reason, articulate, and actually live, a vision of the ideal human as an individual and in society, evolving through the process phases of Love (openness to new input), Beauty (new ideas), Truth (logical evaluation of new ideas), and Freedom (action based on logical plans).
- To do so with pride in the ideals of our Western culture as developed over the centuries to honour individual freedom and dignity, enterprise, nobility, beauty, justice, rationality and truth, and love. Millions of our ancestors died for these values…
- To imagine, invent and lovingly make such items of beauty that reflect those ideals, particularly in the European Renaissance tradition, in the Arts and Crafts movement, and in the traditions imagined and enshrined in Tolkien’s Four Kindreds of Middle Earth.
- These items to include ‘Hobbit havens’ – ‘tiny houses’ or curvaceous cabins in ferrocement lined with natural wood and plaster; and items and artefacts to go with said cabins, or with natural homes where beauty and natural materials are still held in honour.
- Also, of course, to include ‘fine art’ – paintings and sculptures which reflect these ideals and the positive, noble, ‘romantic’ view of life.
- To live in harmony with nature, sustainably and healthily, avoiding toxic processes and products.
- To do what we can to restore hope and faith in the high ideals of our civilisation and to counter the arguments of nihilism, cynicism, relativism and despair.
- To communicate, inspire and teach these ideas, techniques and knowledge to all who seek them.
- To offer the best things with the best quality at the best price we can, and rely on willing buyers of our goods and services to make ourselves and those we train solvent and profitable without subsidies from any authorities which force people to pay them taxes then distribute said taxes to gain votes. I.e., to sink or swim in a free market. (However, gifts of love, given willingly by those who can afford them, to support the cause will not be despised!)
- To hold open a great space for the display of all the above, for the founder’s work and for others’ which is compatible with this vision
- To encourage the use of this space for informal and formal discussions, meetings and cultural events which reflect the values herein described.